Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Kid

Dear Journal,

I don't know how I going to survive another 30 weeks of being the "New Kid." I mean this is only my first week at Judes a Saint in Waldum. It's already bad enough that I am new at school, but what worse is that I am joining the school during my senior year. I don't know anybody in my grade, let alone the school. Everyone in my grade has been close friends with each other for several years.

Everyday this week I sat in class listening to everyone talking to each other about things they did over the summer: "Hey, remember last week when went over to miguel's house?" asks one person "Hahaha yea that was mad funny." says another person. It made me reminisce the days at my old school, when I would sit around with my friends and just talk. The most meaningful conversation I had with anybody at this week at school was when some Indian kid attempted to talk to me: "Hey Davis, my names Thomas Dory." And then I replied "Uh, my name is Stan."


Awkward...


And since the beginning of this week there has been this tall kid, I think his name is Drew, and everyday he walks up to me and calls me a gerbil. What's up with that? Do I look like a gerbil? It just so stupid.

And if that wasn't enough, what is with these uniforms. I mean really, green and yellow. I mean I already hated green and yellow, and now I have to wear them! And everyday there are these kids, from another catholic school, that keep on laughing at me everyday I walk by their bus stop. Let me repeat that EVERYDAY.

This is going to be a long year.

Sincerely,
Stan

No comments: