Tuesday, October 21, 2008

letter

Dear Billy Lai,

It's been a while since we last talked. Whether you take this letter to heart or not, it does not really matter as long as you take home the one message of this letter: I forgive you.

I can still remember how that day started: you, big patrick, little patrick and me just hanging around, like always, just riding our bikes around the neighborhood. I do not know how it transitioned to the talk about chinese people but somehow it did. I never thought that our jokes about chiniese people hurt you that much. And looking back at that day, as I play the events in my head over and over again, I still regret how we ended that day.

I still remember when you stood up and shoved me. I remember the anguish in your face as I fell and as you yelled at big Patrick, little Patrick, and me. That is the last memory of that day. The anguish in your face as you shoved me. Whether you were acting out of pain or malice, know that I forgive you. And I will always be here for you: the same spot we would always meet, back by the stream. And whether you take this letter to heart or not, know that in my heart I will still and always will call you, friend.

Sincerely,

Sean

P.S. And I hope you relize how sincere I am being because you and I both know that this is totally out of character for me. Hope to see you by the stream soon.

1 comment:

Lu Li said...
This comment has been removed by the author.