Saturday, October 18, 2008

1. Shame, embarassment, and my acheing back; the only three things I could feel in my body.

Thanksgiving Day, the best day for any football player, fan, or coach. The day where dreams are made or crushed. I woke up on thanksgiving day of freshmen year with a fervor and excitement that I've only had a couple times in my life. I hardly slept the night before but I had enough energy to run ten miles. There was only one thing on my mind: "football."

2. Two dark, tear jerked eyes; that is the last thing I remember of her.

It had been the best seven months of my life. I remember the first day I met her; She was crying. I remember walking over to her and start talking to her. And over the weeks we began talking. She cried very often and I very often had to comfort her. But after a couple months I noticed that she had stopped crying, and for once I saw a smile.

3. And all I could hear was the relentless: Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock...

I had been studying all night. Parastroika, glastnost, archduke Franz Ferdinand, the renaisance, the enlightenment; historical facts buzzed in my head as I sat in auditorium, pen in hand.

4. I didn't have to look up to know what was about to happen, one word came to mind: busted.

"What do you mean we had math homework?" I said to Learnard. "Yeah problems 10 through 27" he replied. I frantically looked at the clock. "Crap I only have 10 minutes until math class" I said. "If you want you can borrow mine" he offered. I looked up at the clock again as it ticked. "Should I do it, should I copy it, is it worth it?" I said to myself, "of course it is."

5. We need to talk...

It was a bright saturday morning. I looked at the calendar; it said October 25. And right below that in bright red it said, "first month anniversary." It had been one month since we met. It had been one of the best months in my life. I ecstatically got changed and ready to see her. Gift in hand I walked out the door ready to start the second best month in my life.

No comments: