Sunday, October 26, 2008

Letter From Titanic (4)

Dear mama,

How is the farm going? Is Gertrude feeding all the animals? I can already imagine the disarray the animals are in because of her. Little Lukas must be having a good laugh watching her try to milk Bessie.

My journey to America has been good so far. I am on a huge ship called the Titanic. It is supposed to be one of the biggest and safest ships on the seas. The other day, I thought of uncle Max and his sea faring stories as I stared westward at the sea. He was right, the sheer vastness of the seas is incredible. I walked around the ship five times looking for land, failing to even find a mountain peek.

And while staring at the seas, I have had a lot of time to think. I have been thinking about the last couple of weeks. And I want you to know that no matter what happens I will find the money to get papa the medicine he needs. I have already met a man who works in New York who is willing to offer me a job at one of his resteraunts. The ship's crew says that we still have a way to go before we arrive to America. I pray to God that papa can last long enough for me to send the money.

Before I finish I want to say that I love all of you.

Your Son,





(the rest of the letter is illegible due to water causing the ink to smudge)

No comments: