Friday, October 17, 2008

1. I woke up and immediately began to frantically search for my backpack in the darkness.

I scrambled through the stacks of papers in my bag, searching for the salmon paper. The paper that was worth 50 points, that was my key to getting an A in chemistry and beating Dory Tom. I turned on the light and looked at the problem dotted paper. "Crap."

2. When I hit the ground I heard the sound of a stick snapping.

It was a sunny day. I had just got out of school when Andrew Median came up to me. "Yo Mike wanna head over to Nippermore and play some football?" I immediately answered,"Yea sure let me get my stuff." We quickly headed off to Nippermore with Tommy Dondon, Sebastian Jacks, and Davis Block.

3. I was laughing hysterically, probably the most I have ever laughed, in amazement and disbelief that what we made worked.

As I sat in class doing my english homework, Mr Plyers stood up. "Excuse me class as you know the science fair is in a month, and many of you are required to do it this year for honors. So I just wanted to make sure that all of you honors students started preparing, like picking out your partner and topic." I immidiately looked up at dory, and we knew what each other were thinking: "Hovercraft."

4. I nearly went into shock when I saw the whitest flash and heard the loudest noise in my life.

I stammered out of bed. Trying to feel my way as my eyesight and slowly returned. I felt disoriented and confused. "Mikey are you okay!" my mom and dad shouted amongst the loud rumbling of thunder and the plopping rain.

5. When I looked at the clock it was 2 am already, and I could not believe I let this happen again.

"Mikey go to bed!" my mom screamed from the living room. "Alright," I said,"after I finish this." I stared at the blank paper. Then I looked up to the clock as it yearned to me to go to bed. I pulled out the dreaded red book. I began to skim the book looking for something to help me get started. All I saw were thousands of words dotting the page as I strained to keep my eyes open. My mind sorted through thoughts of where to begin, and all that came to mind, “why me?”

No comments: