Tuesday, March 10, 2009

jim

Huck, ghosts be real, I swear it on my life. Ghosts be real as the water all around us be real. I even can tell you a story bout ghosts. Huck it be a story of all stories.

Well it be a dark night wen it happened, laws know why I cudn’t a slept that night and I wish I had. I been a tossin’ and turnin’ for a while when I finally just be getting’ up. I be thinking maybe I just need to get some water. So I rustle outta bed and start walkin’ to the kichun. And as I be walkin’ thur suddenly thur be a light shinin’ in the distance. It were a dim light but it were bright enough to see. Then I be hearin’ a soft singing. I were very interested so I get up close to the window to get me a good look. I saw there be a negro woman leading ten er eleven other negroes. At furst I thought I be dreamin’ but I remembered that this here was real cuz I couldn’t fall asleep. They were just walking through them woods. Their dim light be bobbing up and down in the distance. But aftur a cupple a minutes that light just disappeared. It spooked me real good.

I reckon they probably be ghosts of the negroes that died round that place. First time I ever see a ghost. It be a bad omen to see a ghost. But it be a worst omen to meet one of em. That be reason why the old lady was probably gonna sell me, I reckon. Them ghosts gave me here sum bad luck. So you remember that Huck, yea hear. Ghosts be real, as real as me and you. And they be nuttin’ but bad, bad luck. You stay straight clear of em’ yea hear, or else they be hauntin’ us and be giving us nuttin but chills and rotten luck.

No comments: