Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Huck

It here be the strangest thing that ever happened to me Jim. So I just set up my line to go fishing and was about to lie back when all a sudden I hear someone behind me so- so I turn around and there’s a girl standing there, just staring at me. She mustn’t be older no older than I was. Then she asks me, “Whats your name?” I answer, “Lee Johnson.”

            Then she just starts rambling a bunch of questions like “Where you from Lee Johnson? Why you here? What you doing out here?” And I am just standing there tryin a answer every question. Then I suddenly realize that she be knowing whole lot about me but I don’t know a squat about her. So I decide to ask her a few questions. I start by asking, “What your name be?” And then she says “That ain’t no way to ask a lady what her name is.” So I ask her again. “Excuse me, ma’am, but may I have the pleasure of knowing your name.” And she answers, “Why, my name is Mary Phillip.” And I follow up by asking “Well Miss Phillip may I have the pleasure of asking where you are from?” And she responds, “Only if you would be such a gentleman and walk me back to my house.” So I decide since the fish line probably won’t catch anything for a bit I might as well walk her home and try to find out where we are and get some fresh news.

            So I say, “It would be my pleasure ma’am.” Then she suddenly skips down beside me and grasps my hand. Then we start walking. We didn’t really talk for a while, but the silence was killing me so I decide to just ask her a question: “So why were you in the woods ma’am.” And she says, “That is none of your business.” Then I say, “I’m sorry ma’am for being so nosy, I just wanna know why miss like you would be out there in the woods.” And she replies, “Well if you must know I was looking for berries, but I ended up finding something a lot sweeter.” Then we stopped in front of a small shack. And suddenly she gave me a kiss right on my cheek and says “Thanks you Lee Johnson for such a lovely stroll.” And she justs walks into the shack. Now that is the strangest thing that could ever happen to a person, Jim. To be fishing one moment then getting kissed by a girl the next.

No comments: